Article Image Alt Text
Article Image Alt Text

A burned out shell is all that’s left of the Atkin’s Family mobile home at 2960 Penoak Ave. in Ingleside. The family had just left when the blaze broke out, blamed on an electrical issue with a window air conditioning unit. Responding firefighters told them had they been asleep at the time, the outcome could have been far worse.
Courtesy: The Atkins Family

Article Image Alt Text

Celeste, Darren, Darrell, and Dylan Atkins in happier times before the fire August 18th that destroyed their Ingleside mobile home and everything in it.
Courtesy: The Atkins Family

Article Image Alt Text

The only fatality was the family pet, seven-year-old chiweenie,
Abby.
Courtesy: The Atkins Family

Ingleside Church Fundraiser Benefits Family After Fire

By Mark Silberstein Wiping away tears, Celeste Atkins still has trouble dealing with the shock and trauma of losing everything ...

PLEASE LOG IN FOR PREMIUM CONTENT. Our website requires visitors to log in to view the best local news. Not yet a subscriber? Subscribe today!

Aransas Pass Progress


346 S. Houston

Aransas Pass, TX 78336


P.O. Box 2100

Aransas Pass, TX 78336


361-758-5391